Ensure your home is comfortable all year round with an HVAC system that works optimally. For over 85 years, the team at Francis Heating & Air Conditioning has proudly helped homeowners throughout Orleans, Ontario, with their home improvement projects by offering efficient, high-quality solutions they can rely on. Regardless of the size or severity of your HVAC problem or installation, you can rest assured knowing your home is in good hands with our experienced and friendly technicians.
Book a free consultation for all services on your HVAC in Orleans, Ontario, with the team at Francis Heating & Air Conditioning today!
How often should HVAC units be serviced?
Generally speaking, homeowners will want to service their HVAC units at least once a year to remove built-up dust, hair, dirt, and other debris that can collect within and throughout your HVAC system. However, if you live in a home with pets and have a larger family, you may wish to service your HVAC in Orleans more frequently. Not only will this help you ensure that your HVAC system is working optimally and as efficiently as possible, but it also helps homeowners catch potential issues early before they become more significant problems.
Further, to ensure your HVAC system is functioning properly, homeowners should service their unit in the Fall and Spring. That way, they can rest assured knowing that they will be able to comfortably heat and cool their home to their preferences, regardless of what the weather is like outside. Typical maintenance for HVAC systems includes:
- Replacing or cleaning the air filter in your unit
- Cleaning the indoor and outdoor coils
- Cleaning the unit’s condensate pump
- Complete unit inspection to diagnose any potential problems
How much does HVAC Installation cost in Orleans?
Francis Heating & Air Conditioning recognizes that all homeowners and homes are different. Therefore, the cost of an HVAC installation will vary from household to household. With that being said, while we cannot provide you with an installation cost before sending a technician to your property to survey your home before providing you with an estimate for services, we can provide you with a list of factors that will influence the final cost. These factors include:
- The current HVAC system in your home.
- The type of unit you want to install in your home.
- The size and layout of your home, the height of your ceilings, your home’s age, and the quality of your home’s insulation. All these factors will directly influence the number of BTUs your unit will require to control the temperature in your home and will vary between available HVAC systems for you to choose from.
- The type of ductwork you have in your home.
- The HVAC systems efficiency rating, also known as the SEER rating.
With the help of a professional HVAC company, homeowners can choose the right HVAC system for their home that will provide them with maximum benefits and optimal temperature control all year round.
When you partner with Francis Home Environment, we’re happy to offer all Orleans homeowners 0% interest rates and no payments for the first 12 months when purchasing a new HVAC system!
What is the difference between a furnace and HVAC?
An HVAC system is also known as any unit that provides heating, ventilation, and air conditioning to your home. These systems ultimately allow homeowners to control the temperature of their space throughout the year from the convenience of a thermostat. On the other hand, a furnace is a type of heating system that is a component of your home’s overall HVAC unit. A furnace is powered by either gas or electricity. The energy produces heat on a burner which is then passed through a heat exchange. The heated air is then pushed throughout your home’s ductwork to deliver heat to each room.
What happens when you don’t maintain your HVAC system?
Maintaining your home’s HVAC system is essential to avoid unexpected repairs that could have otherwise been avoided. With that being said, sometimes life can get busy. And the fact of the matter is, not all homeowners are aware of the potential problems that can happen when they do not maintain their HVAC system throughout the years. Therefore, to encourage homeowners to engage in proactive maintenance, here are some of the potential problems you can face around your home if you do not stay on top of your HVAC care:
- The indoor air quality in your home will diminish. This puts your family at risk of breathing in dust, dirt, hair, and other debris that can lead to allergy and cold-like symptoms throughout the year.
- You will reduce the overall lifespan of your HVAC system.
- Your HVAC system’s energy efficiency will be diminished. This means that you will need to use more power to heat or cool your home. As a result, you can expect to pay more on your monthly energy bill.
- You put your HVAC system at risk of experiencing severe damage that could have otherwise been prevented. Accordingly, this can end up costing you more money in repairs over time.
We stand behind our work, whether you’re getting a new furnace or we’re doing a routine vent cleaning. We aren’t happy until you’re happy, and we will do everything we can to make your installation or repair experience a great one.