Duct Cleaning Orleans
Improve the indoor air quality of your home with professional duct cleaning services in Orleans, Ontario, provided by your choice home maintenance company, Francis Home Environment. At Francis Home Environment, we put the needs of our clients first, which is why we pride ourselves on offering high-quality services they can rely on. With over 75 years of experience, our duct cleaning technicians have the skills and knowledge to make sure your home is safe and functioning optimally throughout the year.
Partner with an air duct cleaning company you can trust has your best interests in mind. Call us directly or book a free consultation online with the team at Francis Home Environment today!
When Should You Have the Air Ducts in Your Home Cleaned?
Your home’s air duct system is often ignored compared to other home appliances. This is generally because we don’t interact with it on a daily basis as we would with other aspects of our home. With that being said, leading your ductwork uncleaned throughout the years can lead to health concerns and further damage throughout your home. Therefore, to ensure your home is operating optimally throughout the year, it is essential that you service your air ducts at least once every two years. However, if you have pets or a larger family, you may want to clean your air ducts at least once a year.
We understand that when it comes to your ductwork, it can be difficult to tell when it may need cleaning. However, with these signs, you can better determine when it may be the right time to call in a professional technician for duct cleaning in Orleans:
- The vents in each of your rooms are clogged with dust and other debris.
- The air filter in your HVAC system has become clogged with dust, dirt, hair, and other debris.
- There is an odd smell coming from your air ducts.
- There are strange noises coming from your air ducts, such as clicking, banging, and hissing.
- There is mold and mildew growing throughout your air duct system.
- Although your HVAC system is working, the amount of airflow coming through your vents is weak. Therefore, it can be difficult to cool or heat your home to your liking.
- There are insects or rodents living in your air duct system.
- You have noticed that your home gets highly dusty quickly, no matter how frequently you clean your house.
- Your heating and cooling bill each month has increased significantly.
- You have never serviced your air duct system before.
Do you notice any of these signs around your home? If the answer is yes, then chances are your air duct system is not working as optimally as it could. Therefore, to ensure your indoor air quality is clean and your HVAC system is functioning as well as it should be, call Francis Home Environment for our help!
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Your home’s air duct system is installed throughout the entirety of your home. Its job is to supply each room of your home with warm or cool air to provide you with a comfortable living space. In addition, your air duct system is also responsible for circulating your home’s air, so it does not remain stagnant throughout the day. Regardless, when your HVAC system is working to control the temperature throughout your home, your air duct system is prone to collecting dust, dirt, hair, and other debris that can coat the inside of your ducts.
If left uncleaned, the debris will continue to collect, resulting in clogging and other damage along with your ductwork. On the other hand, when your air duct system is not clean, it can also diminish the air quality of your home, which can impact the cleanliness of the air you breathe. This, in turn, can result in health concerns such as allergy and cold-like symptoms along with other respiratory problems. Other concerns that you will have to deal with include:
- Clogged HVAC air filters.
- Unpleasant odours throughout your home.
- Increases in monthly energy bills.
- Reduces your energy efficiency and uses more power to heat and cool your home to your liking .
- Dry, dusty living conditions no matter how often you clean your home.
- The growth of mold and mildew in your air duct system.
- The presence of insects, rodents, and other pets living in your air duct system.
Therefore, when hiring an air duct cleaning company, a professional technician will come to your home and use an industrial-powered vacuum to remove the built-up dust, dirt, hair, and other debris that has coated the inside of your ductwork. Once this is complete, a more thorough clean to remove the remaining waste will be conducted using wet cloths and cleaning solutions. Further, should your home have any rodents, droppings, or other insects living in your duct system, they will be removed and disposed of correctly. In addition, a professional technician will then make any repairs to your ducts if needed, along with cleaning out your air filters to ensure there are no obstructions remaining.
All in all, homeowners can expect their air duct cleaning to take anywhere between 3 to 5 hours from start to finish depending on the size of their home and the quality of their air duct system upon arrival to your property.
Is there a better time of the year for duct cleaning in Orleans?
Generally speaking, homeowners will want to service their air duct system once every two years to ensure a comfortable living environment that has clean air. However, if you have pets or a larger family, you may want to book an air duct cleaning at least once a year as the level of debris may be more significant throughout your home.
Regardless of how often you service your air ducts, homeowners will want to get them cleaned in the early fall. This will help ensure that your HVAC system and connecting ductwork will operate optimally throughout the winter and well into the spring and summer. Alternatively, if you have air conditioning in your home, you may wish to book your service in the early spring to ensure that your air conditioning system is ready for the warmer months.
Furthermore, during the time that you do get your ductwork cleaned, homeowners should also consider booking an inspection of their HVAC system to ensure every part of their home’s heating and cooling system is working optimally. This will also help you diagnose any potential issues before they become more significant problems.
How much does Duct Cleaning Cost in Orleans?
At Francis Home Environment, we value our customers. We understand that all homeowners and homes are different. Therefore, the cost of duct cleaning in Orleans, Ontario, will vary from household to household. To receive an accurate estimate for duct cleaning for your home, you will need to call a professional cleaning company to come and survey your home. This consultation is free of cost and allows cleaning technicians to analyze the specific factors that will influence the final cost of your duct cleaning.
In addition, this will also provide technicians with the opportunity to discover any potential problems along with your duct system that may cause further issues to your home later down the line. With that being said, although we are not able to provide you an estimate for the cost of duct cleaning for your home before doing a walk-through, we can provide you with a list of factors that impact the final price. These factors include:
- The company you choose to work with to perform the air duct cleaning services in Orleans.
- The level of contamination and build-up that has composed throughout your air duct system over the years.
- Whether or not a professional technician will need to make any repairs to your air duct system that they have discovered during the walkthrough.
- The accessibility of your air duct system in your home.
- How many vents will need to be cleaned for your air duct system to work efficiently.
- The size of your air ducts, along with the type and material of air ducts you have installed throughout your home.
- Whether or not an experienced air duct cleaning technician will need to remove any mould, mildew, pests, and droppings from inside your ductwork.
- The size of your home.
- The overall scope of the project at hand. This will include the number of HVAC systems you have installed in your home as a technician will also need to take a look at these units.
- The quality of your current air duct system.
As you can see, there are numerous factors that will end up influencing the final price homeowners will need to pay for their duct cleaning services. With that said, it’s essential that homeowners do not ignore the ductwork as it can significantly impact their family’s health and the overall comfort of their home.
Does your home’s ductwork need cleaning? With the help of Francis Home Environment, you can get back to enjoying a comfortable living space with clean air all year round. We’re also happy to offer all Orleans homeowners 0% interest rates and no payments when purchasing a new HVAC system!
Book a free consultation with our professionals today!
We stand behind our work, whether you’re getting a new furnace or we’re doing a routine vent cleaning. We aren’t happy until you’re happy, and we will do everything we can to make your installation or repair experience a great one.