Whether cooling, heating, or ventilation, your HVAC unit is essential for all homeowners. Therefore, to ensure you are able to keep your family comfortable all year round while controlling the indoor temperature of your home, homeowners must partner with a professional HVAC company that has the tools, skills, and expertise to provide solutions to your problems. Whether for repairs, maintenance, or installation services, you can rely on the team at Francis Home Environment.
Work with a company that has over 85 years of experience in heating and cooling and ensure your HVAC service is performed correctly the first time around. Call us directly or book a free consultation for your HVAC in Cumberland today!
How soon should new home owners get a HVAC Maintenance Check?
HVAC units come in all different shapes, sizes, and types. However, regardless of the style you have installed to provide heating, ventilation, and air conditioning to your home, homeowners should schedule maintenance at least once a year. If you only have a heating unit in your home, then we suggest booking your maintenance check in the early fall as it will ensure your system will work optimally and as energy efficient as possible as the temperature decreases. It also provides you with ample time to conduct any repairs that may be discovered during your maintenance check.
On the other hand, if your home also has an air conditioning unit, then you will also want to book a maintenance check in the early spring. Again, this is going to provide you with peace of mind knowing that your air conditioning unit is prepared to work as energy efficiently as possible during the summer months. Further, it will also provide you with enough time to perform any repairs as needed.
As a first-time home buyer, when you have purchased your new home, the previous homeowners and their real estate agent should provide you with information as to when the last maintenance check was conducted on the HVAC unit. Alternatively, you are also able to hire your own inspector before purchasing the home to ensure everything is working correctly.
With that being said, if the previous owners had not provided you with a confirmation as to when the last maintenance check was done on your HVAC unit, and you have not conducted your own inspection before purchasing the home, then we suggest booking an appointment with Francis Home Environment as soon as possible. This way, you can ensure that every part of your HVAC system is working correctly. In addition, this can also provide you with peace of mind, knowing that your home is functioning as energy-efficient as possible.
Moreover, other advantages you can experience when booking professional maintenance once you have moved into your new home in Cumberland, Ontario, with the expert technicians at Francis Home Environment include:
- Extending the lifespan of your HVAC system.
- Ensuring the air quality of your home is clean and free of dust, dirt, hair, and other debris that can cause allergies and other respiratory problems.
- Potentially catching problems with your HVAC unit before they become more severe and costly.
- Make sure your HVAC warranty coverage is untouched and ready for more severe issues that are otherwise not preventable.
- Extending the functioning and lifespan of individual parts to your HVAC unit.
- Saving money on your monthly energy bill
Don’t know or remember when the last time your HVAC in Cumberland underwent maintenance? No need to worry, the team at Francis Home Environment has got you covered. With 24/7 emergency services, we can get a technician to your home in time. Call or book an appointment with us today!
How much does HVAC Installation cost in Cumberland?
With over 85 years of successful experience in the heating and cooling industry, Francis Home Environment has worked with thousands of homeowners throughout the Cumberland community. We understand that every home and homeowner is different. Because of this, installing a new HVAC unit into your home is not a one-size-fits-all solution. In fact, a lot of what goes into installing an HVAC system has a lot to do with specific features of your home.
With that being said, before we are able to provide you with an estimate on installation costs, homeowners in Cumberland will first need to book a free consultation with one of our experienced HVAC technicians to come to your home. During this time, one of our technicians will conduct a thorough inspection of your current HVAC unit, ductwork, and other features before providing you with an estimated installation cost. Therefore, although we are unable to provide you with an installation cost for your home, we can provide you with a list of factors that will impact the final price so you have a better idea about what you can expect when working with the team at Francis Home Environment. Here is a closer look at some of these crucial factors:
- The type of HVAC system you want to install into your home
- The type of HVAC system that is currently installed in your home
- The entire scope of the installation project.
- The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio of the HVAC unit you require for your home.
- The cost of labor
- The installation techniques needed to connect your new HVAC unit
The number of British Thermal Units (BTUs) required to heat and cool your home. This number is determined by:
- The age of your home.
- The layout of the rooms and floors throughout your home.
- The height of your ceilings.
- The quality of your home’s insulation, in addition to its heat gain and loss
- The total square footage of your home.
- The style and quality of ductwork you have installed in your home.
As you can see, choosing an HVAC unit that will work optimally in your home can be challenging, especially if you aren’t sure what it is you are looking for. However, with the help of Francis Home Environment and our professional HVAC technicians, we’ll help guide you through the process of selecting and installing your new unit as efficiently and diligently as possible. With your lead and our expertise, you’ll be back to enjoying your home and saving money on your monthly heating and cooling bill as soon as possible.
At Francis Home Environment, we’re happy to offer all Cumberland homeowners 0% interest rates and no payments for the first 12 months when purchasing a new HVAC system!
Book a free consultation for your HVAC needs in Cumberland with Francis Home Environment today!
What happens when you don’t maintain your HVAC system?
Your HVAC unit is a crucial component in your home that allows you to control your indoor temperature with ease to keep your family comfortable throughout the year, regardless of what the weather is like outside. On the other hand, your HVAC system is also in charge of ventilating the air in your home to ensure you breathe clean air. Therefore, when something goes awry, then the comfort of your home and the cleanliness of your air can diminish significantly.
By staying on top of maintenance services for your HVAC, you can catch potential problems early before they turn into more severe, costly repairs. In addition, conducting regular maintenance on your HVAC system also helps you extend the lifespan of your unit and ensures that your home is operating as efficiently as possible. As a result, you can save money on your monthly energy bill throughout the year. However, when homeowners don’t book regular maintenance services for their HVAC system, they can experience risks such as:
- Difficulty maintaining a comfortable temperature in your home.
- Substantial damage to the individual parts and mechanisms that allow your HVAC system to function
- A complete breakdown of your HVAC system before it has aged according to its approximate lifespan
- Significant reduction in lifespan of your HVAC unit
- A noticeable increase in your monthly energy bills which will end up costing you more money in the long run
- Having to employ your HVAC warranty on repairs that could have otherwise been prevented if caught early, leaving you to pay for more costly repairs out of your own pocket
- A decrease in the air quality of your home, which can make you and your family sick due to airborne chemicals and pollutants, including dust, hair, dirt, and other debris that can aggravate your allergy and/or cold-like symptoms without any explanation.
- Increase the risk of mold and mildew growth in and around your HVAC units. This can also grow in your air ducts.
- The presence of rodents, insects, other pests, and droppings in your air ducts
Remember, it’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your HVAC unit. And proactive maintenance is key to avoiding these above-noted risks. Therefore, whether you’re overdue for your yearly maintenance or need help diagnosing a potential problem with your HVAC unit, then the team at Francis Home Environment is prepared to assist you. We pride ourselves on offering quality customer service, 24/7 emergency appointments, and long-lasting results you can rely on.
Call us directly or book a free home consultation with the professional team at Francis Home Environment for your HVAC in Cumberland, Ontario, today!
We stand behind our work, whether you’re getting a new furnace or we’re doing a routine vent cleaning. We aren’t happy until you’re happy, and we will do everything we can to make your installation or repair experience a great one.